Home What does fire insurance cover my home?

What does fire insurance cover for my house?

When you are looking into the possibilities of fire insurance for your home, you will notice that there are many insurers who offer this. They all often have different premiums and conditions.

Not only can your house be damaged by fire, soot or smoke, so can the belongings in your house.

To insure your house against fire damage, you can take out building insurance. To insure your belongings, or your house contents, against fire damage you can take out house contents insurance.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to take out separate fire insurance for your house or contents. The fire insurance is often part of the building and contents insurance. These insurances offer coverage for more causes of damage than just fire.

fire insurance

Is fire insurance for my house compulsory?

Fire insurance is not compulsory by law for either the contents or the building. However, it is advisable. The damage will be very great if a fire breaks out and you have to rebuild your house and buy all your things again. In most cases, this is financially unaffordable.

When you take out a mortgage, it is often compulsory for your mortgage provider to insure your house (the building). Otherwise, both you and your mortgage provider would have a big problem in case of fire.

Contract contents insurance? Calculate your premium!

What does fire insurance for my house cost?

The premium for fire insurance depends on a number of factors. These include:

  • address of the house
  • type and size of the dwelling
  • type of roofing
  • Year of construction of the dwelling
  • the coverage you want

Because the premium depends on so many factors, it is not possible to state an average premium for fire insurance. This depends entirely on your personal living situation and wishes. Via our website you can easily and quickly make a calculation for home and building insurance.

What should you do if you are moving house, renting out your house or if your house becomes vacant?

Such changes in your situation should always be reported to the insurer immediately. This is because these can cause a change in the risk. So the insurer always wants to know these things in time.
If you take out your insurance through inboedelverzekering.nl , you can report these changes to us. This can be done via the website or by telephone. We will then ensure that the necessary information reaches your insurer so that we can inform you of the consequences.

What can I do myself to prevent fire damage?

Prevention is better than cure. It is therefore wise to install smoke detectors in your home and to have a fire blanket/fire extinguisher.

Calculate the premium of your household insurance directly!

Now with free recovery service

We can be reached via Chat, Whatsapp, phone or email

Please feel free to contact us if you would like to know more.
We are here Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 18:00.

get in touch